The Naadam festival is the biggest and most joyful holiday celebration for Mongolians. The festival comprises the “Three Manly Sports”: wrestling; horse racing; archery. 1024 wrestlers compete on the green wrestling field-there is no weight division. Mongolian wrestlers wear traditional Mongolian boots and special clothes for wrestling, Zodog-small open-fronted vest and Shuudag-shorts. There are 6 different categories of horse racing depending on the age of horses.
The riders, both boys and girls are aged between 6-12 and the distance of the race ranges from 15-30km.
Archery, originating from the era of Genghis Khan is the oldest sport in Mongolia. Traditionally, this was only a men’s sport but nowadays both men and women compete in separate divisions. Male archers shoot on a 75m range while female archers shoot on a 60m range.
We offering one day NAADAM TOUR!
- 08:00 Breakfast at a restaurant
- 09:30 Opening ceremony
- 10:30 Starts wrestling in the stadium
- 11:30 See the archery outside the stadium
- 12:00 Visit to the Mongolian traditional game
- 13:00 Picnic lunch
- 16:00 See racing
- 17:30 Go to Idre Hostel and try mare’s fermented milk and deep fried meat pie called “Khuushuur”. Mongolians can’t imagine NAADAM FESTIVAL without “KHUUSHUUR”
The tour price includes: English speaking guide, stadium entrance fee, breakfast and picnic lunch, transportation to the horse racing event
Note: Early bookings 15% off before June 1, 2022 and we require a full payment.